Fun Fact Friday
Every Friday, you can expect to learn a fun new fact from the Hy-Vee KidsFit Team.
When we learn something new it’s fun to share with friends or family! Follow along with us on Fridays for the FUN FACTS but stay for more movement AT HOME.
1. DONE IN 60 SECONDS
- Start your kid's day with a sweat! Certified personal trainer, Daira, is here to guide your kids through a short baseline fitness test. It's time to do as many squats, push-ups, sit-ups and burpees as you can in 60 seconds.
2. STRONG BONES
- Move your body and build strong bones with Daira's kid-friendly strong bones workout! With just five movements, these exercises are a blast. Try 180 degree jumps, skips in place, hamstring heal slides and more!
3. WATER WORKS
- Pretend you're at the pool and dive into Daira's water moves workout. Have your kids imagine they're in the water with movements like back flutter kicks, surf board jumps and more – and don't forget to drink lots of water too!
4. THIS OR THAT VEGGIES
- Help your kids try something different and see if they like it with Daira's This or That workout. Complete movements like squats or shoulder bridges and decide which you prefer – practice throughout the week by doing different things to help others around the house.
5. MyPlate CIRCUIT
- Healthy meals and movements have a lot in common! Learn how to slow down and not rush with Daira's kid-friendly MyPlate-inspired workout. Practice mindful exercises, including carrot pickers, push-ups, planks and more!
6. TOILET PAPER CHALLENGE
- Daira's on a roll with this toilet paper challenge. Have your kids grab a roll of toilet paper and use it as an obstacle for this workout!
7. CORE CLEAN UP
- Limit your screen time and increase your movement and imagination! Daira's core clean up workout and challenge helps de-stress while getting your kids' bodies moving, imaginations going and spaces picked up!
8. FLEXIBILITY FACTS
- The more you care for your body, the more it can do! Show your joints some love with Daira's kid-friendly flexibility facts workout. Discover quality static and dynamic stretches to help increase your range of motion.
9. TO THE BEAT
- Turn up the tunes! Today's all about boosting your motivation with Daira's kid-friendly on the beat workout. Get your groove on and move to the tempo with leg side taps, forward toe taps, jumping jacks and more.