Try It Tuesday
Try it Tuesday is all about switching things up and trying something new that can help you get out your comfort zone, explore new ideas and challenge yourself.
Trying new things can be intimidating and overwhelming. But don’t worry! That is why the Hy-Vee KidsFit team is here to help! One of our main goals is to teach others to always try their very best, even when things don’t go as planned.
1. MAKING MOVES
- Annie is here to teach your kids all about healthy snacking with our very first Try It Tuesday Challenge. Then get your heart pumping with her making moves workout that includes a variety of cardio movements to keep hearts healthy like jog in place, ski jumps, mountain climbers and more!
2. MOVEMENT JAR
- Help your kids beat boredom and make their own movement jar with Annie this Try It Tuesday! Work out by jotting down movements, putting them in a jar and choosing 5 to create a circuit. Repeat for 3 rounds of fun!
3. Lean, Mean & Squeaky Clean
- Help your kids stay lean, mean and squeaky clean by joining Annie for a new handwashing-inspired Try It Tuesday! challenge.
4. POOL PARTY
- Ready to make a splash? Grab your beach towel and pretend it's summer with Annie's kid-friendly pool party workout. "Swim" and sweat as you practice your best moves for the pool. And, don't forget to stay hydrated with Annie's tips for making drinking water more fun!
5. SUPER YOU!
- Feel better mentally and physically with Annie's Super You! workout. Start with an activity to help your kids practice building themselves up, and then get moving to keep feeling good!
6. THE UNDERDOG
- Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with Annie's kid-friendly underdog workout! Move through soldier-inspired exercises like knee raises and jabs to remember this special day in Mexico's history.
7. "X" MARKS THE SPOT
- Jump on the KidsFit ship and set out on a pirate adventure with Captain Annie in this "X" marks the spot workout! Follow each movement to move closer to the buried treasure with exercises like flutter kicks, tuck jumps and more!
8. ADAPT & ADVANCE
- Challenge yourself today and practice learning to accept change with Annie's kid-friendly adapt and advance workout! Using two basic movements, this workout helps you change and improve with each round.