10 Days of Dancing
Music is part of our daily lives. Music has been shown to increase child brain development. Dancing to music helps children build motor skills and provides them an outlet to self-expression.
Here are some of #HyVeeKidsFit "go-to" songs for kids to have fun moving with music.
Here are some "moves" you can use to give kids some general direction but FREE style is always encouraged.
Follow along with our Instagram @hvkidsfit for additional “moves” from the Daira, the Hy-Vee KidsFit Coach. She is performing these in @HVKIDSFIT InstaStories through the month of September.
- I Like to Move It – Will I Am
- Side Shuffle Left
- When you hear “Move It” do 2 High Knees
- Side Shuffle Right
- Encourage fun freestyles, it is not about perfection.
- Beat It – Michael Jackson
- Hold Plank to start the song.
- When you hear them say “Beat It”, Stand Up and/or Jump Up.
- Macarena – Los Del Rio
- Teach your kids the Macarena
- Do a Squat every time you transition/turn.
- It Takes Two – Rob Base and DJ EZ Rock
- Chorus – Squats in sync with beat
- 1st Verse - Hold a Plank
- 2nd Verse- Left Side Plank
- 3rd Verse- Right Side Plank
- 4th Verse - Plank Twist
- Party Rock Anthem – LMFAO
- 2 Rounds
- 30 seconds: Side Steps Left & Right
- 30 seconds: Ski Jumps
- 30 seconds: 180 degree jumps
- 30 seconds: Mountain Climbers
- 2 Rounds
- Cupid Shuffle
- Follow along with the dance
- YouTube it for the line dance
- Verse – March
- Chorus – Burpee each time they say “Another One Bites the Dust”
- Follow instruction perform it on your feet
- Advanced: Can you do it in a plank?
- Verses: Side Step Left & Right Fast
- Chorus: Every time you hear "Whip It" do a skater jump
- Verses: Alternate balancing on each foot
- Every time you hear “Thunder” do a Jumping Jack