When we spend time in our everyday routines at home and school, we don’t realize all the benefits we are missing out on that nature has to offer. A great way to support our Environmental Wellness is to immerse ourselves in the great outdoors. So let’s grab our sleeping bags and tent, and take it outside for backyard camping!
The best thing about your backyard campground is that you don’t need to get your suitcases packed or travel anywhere for this adventure! Here’s what you will need:
- Sleeping Bag
- Lawn chairs
- Outdoor games
- Insect Repellent
- Warm Clothes
- Optional, but highly recommended: S’mores ingredients
If you don’t have a tent or sleeping bags, make a campground in your basement or living room. Stay outdoors until bedtime to make the most of this Environmental Wellness adventure.
Once your campsite is all set up and ready, get ready for the fun! Here are some great activities that will help boost your Environmental Wellness during your backyard camp-out!
- Go Stargazing– The awe of our planet doesn’t stop at the atmosphere. Find even more beauty in the universe with the help of all those bright stars. Search for constellations as a family and see what you can find hidden in the night sky!
- Flashlight Games– Wait until the sun goes down to try these games! Put a twist on Tag and Hide & Seek using your flashlights!
- Catch Fireflies– You’ll need the help of nature for this activity. Have some glass jars or cups nearby if our lightning bug friends make an appearance!
- Nature Noises– When the sun sets, listen for sounds you don’t typically hear during the day. See how many sounds your family can hear and try to guess what they are!
- Unplug and Unwind– No electronics required for this adventure. Turn off your phone, computers and tablets and enjoy the company of one another in the great outdoors!