California Dreamin’ Pita Pockets
Meet one of our favorite easy-to-pack lunch pitas.
Tip: To make this recipe dairy-free, skip the cheese and use hummus instead of yogurt and Ranch seasoning.
Fun Fact: Avocados are fruits (not vegetables) with a ton of vitamins, fiber, healthy fat, and even protein. That’s probably why some people call them “supercados.”
All You Need:
- 3 tbsp. Hy-Vee plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. ranch seasoning mix
- 2 pita pockets
- 1 slice of Colby Jack cheese
- 4 butter lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped avocado
- 1 small tomato, seeded & chopped
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
All You Do:
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt & seasoning mix.
- Spread into pita pockets.
- Stuff pitas with cheese, lettuce, avocado, tomato & cucumber.
- Top with remaining yogurt mix.
210 Calories per serving
Total Fat: 8g
Saturated Fat: 6g
Trans Fat: 0g
Total Carbohydrates: 27g
Dietary Fiber: 5g
Total Sugars: 4g
Click here to print the recipe card.