Chewy Almond Energy Bars
This recipe serves 8 people. Please make sure an adult helps you when necessary.
All you need:
- ¾ c. Hy-Vee old-fashioned rolled oats
- ¾ c. Hy-Vee sliced almonds
- ½ c. chopped Hy-Vee dried apricots
- 1/3 c. Hy-Vee dried cherries
- ¼ c. Hy-Vee raisins
- ¼ c. Hy-Vee honey
- ¼ c. Hy-Vee nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tbsp almond butter
All you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix and spread oats and almonds evenly in a shallow baking pan.
- Toast for 8 to 10 minutes or until almonds are light brown, stirring once.
- In a food processor, combine apricots, cherries, raisins, honey, nonfat dry milk powder and almond butter.
- Cover and pulse 3 times just to combine.
- Add toasted oats and almonds; cover and pulse until blended and mixture sticks together.
- Spray an 8-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Press mixture firmly and evenly into pan.
- Cut into 8 (2-by-4-inch) bars.
**For convenience and portability, wrap bars individually with plastic wrap. Store in refrigerator for up to 1 week.**
Nutrition Facts per serving: Calories: 210; Carbohydrate: 32g; Dietary Fiber: 4g; Fat: 8g; Protein: 6g; Saturated Fat: 0.5g; Sodium: 25g; Trans Fats: 0g
Click here to print the recipe card.