Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Hummus
Craving a sweet treat? Up the nutritional value of your sweet treat by opting for a delicious dessert hummus, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Hummus.
Hummus is a great lower fat and calorie option that is packed full of nutrients. It’s also high in fiber and protein, that have been shown to help keep the body satisfied longer throughout the day.
The main ingredient in hummus is chickpeas, also known as garbanzo beans. Chickpeas are part of the legume family. They are high in protein and fiber making them a great substitute for meat if you are following a vegan or vegetarian diet.
All You Need:
- 1 ½ cups chickpeas (1 can, drained and rinsed very well)
- 1/8 tsp + 1/16 tsp salt
- Just over 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- Up to ¼ cup milk of choice (only if needed)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (can reduce this, if desired)
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2-3 Tbsp. oats or flaxmeal
All You Do:
- Add all ingredients, except for chocolate chips, to a good food processor. Process until very smooth.
- Mix in the chocolate chips. It should be the exact texture of cookie dough!
- Enjoy with fruit!
Recipe from chocolatecoveredkatie.com