Egg-Spinach Scramble Mug
Fuel up for your first day back to school with an all-star breakfast! Have you ever heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day? While all meals are important, breakfast does help us kick start our days in the right way. When you prepare breakfast, you want to focus on protein! Protein helps us stay full through our morning classes, which helps us focus better! Here are some great ways to add protein to your breakfast:
- Put peanut butter on your whole-wheat toast.
- Use Kodiak Cakes Power Cakes Flapjacks and Waffle Mix to make homemade pancakes or waffles.
- Enjoy eggs at breakfast, each one has 6g of protein! Check out the recipe below for a Egg-Spinach scramble you can make at home!
- Enjoy a glass of milk with breakfast
- Switch out your regular yogurt for Greek yogurt
Back-to-School Egg-Spinach and Scramble
All you need:
- 3 Hy-Vee large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. 2% reduced fat milk
- ¼ tsp Hy-Vee Italian seasoning
- Hy-Vee salt
- Hy-Vee ground black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh spinach leaves, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Hy-Vee finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Fresh tomato, chopped, for serving
All you do:
- Spray a 12-oz microwave-safe mug with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine eggs, milk, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper in a prepared mug with a fork. Stir in spinach and cheese.
- Microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes or until egg is cooked through (165 degrees). Serve topped with tomato.
Nutrition facts per serving: 290 calories, 19g total fat, 8g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 575mg cholesterol, 320mg sodium, 4g carbohydrates, 0g dietary fiber, 2g total sugars, 0g added sugars, 23g protein.