Family & Friends Winter Games
Use the Olympics as a tool to get the whole family motivated to move out in the snow! Getting outside is the hardest part, but once the whole family is outside, get ready to make some pretty great memories together.
Create your own Winter Games at Home. Modify as needed for your family or friends. If you have questions, message us on Facebook – Hy-Vee KidsFit.
Here’s How You Do It:
- Torch Run
- Running (walking) the “torch” around the house. Pass the torch to each for each family member until everyone has completed a lap. If you have snow on the ground, try to stay in the same path!
- Kids 5 and under may need assistance through the snow.
- Who can roll the biggest snow ball in 3 minutes?
- Each person is challenged with rolling their own snow ball. Kids 5 and under would do best partnering with an adult or an older child.
- Who can move the furthest distance in 60 Seconds doing the Hand Sled?
- What is the Hand Sled? Glad you asked. The participant must put their feet in the sled and walk forward in the snow.
- Kids 5 and under should just do a bear crawl in the snow.
- Fill your yard with snow angels! How long does it take you to make 5 Snow Angels?
- You could make the number equal the kid’s age to make it easier for the little kids and harder for the 10 year old. Adults, use your best judgement – it’s harder than you think.
- Participant A must start standing up while other participants B, C & D count 1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi, etc… Participant A must lay down on their back and complete 1 Snow Angel, then stand up – move to a new location, make another Snow Angel, repeat until they complete 5 Snow Angels.
- Circle up and get ready for a laugh. Playing “Duck, Duck, Goose” in the snow brings a whole new level of FUN!
- Sometimes getting outside is the hardest part, but once the whole family is outside get ready to make some pretty great memories together.
Have ALL of the FUN! Tag us on Facebook or Instagram if you had a fun day with Hy-Vee KidsFit. #HyVeeKidsFit