Flag Day Challenge
In honor of Flag Day, get outside to play FLAG TAG with friends and family. The rules are simple and it is a fun way to incorporate cardiovascular exercise at home to strengthen the muscles, heart and lungs.
All You Need:
- 4 or more players
- 1 flag per player
- Safe area without tripping or traffic hazards
DIY (Do It Yourself) Flags
- "Flag" options
- Dish towels
- Hand Towels
- Ribbons 4-8 inches
- Tuck your “flag” into your waist band, pant pocket or belt loop.
- Do not tie the “flag” to any part of your body or clothing.
- The “flag” must be visible to the other players.
- DIY flags are good for many different uses other than tag.
- Capture the Flag, flag football, or another similar team-based game.
All You Do:
- To start the game, have each player put on his flag belt.
- Divide the players into teams or have each player on his/her own.
- To make it easier to distinguish one team from another, have the teams wear different colors.
- Each player must try to pull the flags from other players' belts. If a player loses a flag, it must remain removed from his belt until the end of the round.
- When a player loses his flags, he is eliminated from the round.
- Continue until all the players from one team are eliminated or if not playing with teams until one person with a flag remains.
- First team or individual to win 3 rounds, would win.
Really, everyone “wins” when playing this game. We hope to help you create the opportunity to have fun memories while moving.
- Kids as young as 2 years old can find the FUN in playing these games with their parents, friends or siblings.