Bring the taste of fall to your breakfast with these pumpkin pie spiced waffles. To make them even better, don't skip the optional toppings!
All You Need:
- 2 cups That’s Smart! complete pancake and waffle mix
- 1 15-oz can Hy-Vee pumpkin
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice, plus additional for garnish
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 apples, cored and sliced
- 100% pure maple syrup
- Whipped cream for serving if desired
All You Do:
- Lightly grease and preheat a regular or Belgian waffle maker according to manufacturer's directions.
- Place pancake and waffle mix, pumpkin, water, oil, and 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice in a large mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- Add batter to preheated waffle maker. Close lid quickly and bake according to manufacturer's directions until waffle is golden brown. When done, use a fork to lift waffle off grid; keep warm on a wire cooling rack in a 200 degree oven for up to 10 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add apples; cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Serve waffles topped with sauteed apples, maple syrup, whipped cream, and additional pumpkin pie spice if desired.
Total Time: 35 minutes
Click here to download the printable recipe card.