You might not be looking for a job just yet, but it’s never too early to learn how to build your own resume! A resume is a document that you use to showcase your skills, abilities, and experience in hopes of getting hired for a job. It lets you highlight things you’re good at and things you’ve already accomplished.
A basic resume is made up of a few key sections:
- What are your skills? This is where you write down a few things that you think you’re really good at.
- How many grades of school have you completed? You get to talk about how much school you’ve done as well as the biggest accomplishments you've made or
- What kind of jobs or activities have you done? Talk about any jobs, chores, or activities you’ve been a part of and how they’ve helped you learn and improve.
- Sometimes an employer wants to know what other people think about you, to see if you’re a good candidate for the job. Write down a few people that you think would be proud of you and recommend you!
You may not need a formal resume for a while but you can practice highlighting your best skills now with the My KidsFit Resume worksheet!
Here's How You Do It:
- Learn how to make your resume above
- Print off the My KidsFit Resume worksheet
- Fill in all of the boxes
- You’re ready to go!