Goals are things we try to achieve over time. They can be short-term or long -term, and they are a great way to promote career wellness.
Setting goals is important because they help us to stay on track and focused on learning new things. Challenging ourselves to learn a new skill by setting a goal is a great way to practice career wellness as well.
Learn how to set a goal to learn a new skill!
- Make it S.M.A.R.T
- What skill do you want to learn and why?
- How can you measure learning your skill?
- Make your skill something you can achieve; it should challenge you but shouldn’t be impossible
- Make the skill within your reach, how does it relate to you?
- Create a timeline to achieve your goal, what date do you want to know your new skill by?
- Create a plan to achieve it.
Some goals won’t happen overnight, they take time and hard work to achieve. An easy way to reach those goals is to break our goals down into smaller steps and track our progress over time. You can use the KidsFit Goal-A-Thon worksheet to help!