What is Hygiene?
Hygiene is how we practice good behaviors to keep us in great health! Hygiene focuses on keeping our whole body clean not only washing our hands but washing our bodies, face and teeth too! It is important that we practice good hygiene so we do not spread germs that could make us or our peers sick. Having good hygiene will keep us healthy and happy!
Here are some helpful tips to practice good hygiene!
- Washing our hands is the easiest way that we can prevent germs from spreading. Make sure to wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, an easy way to do this is by singing the "Happy Birthday" song twice after using the bathroom and before eating.
- Washing our bodies every day can help us keep bad bacteria off our bodies to stay squeaky clean!
- Wear clean clothes every day that have been washed with laundry soap!
- It is always important to use toothpaste when brushing our teeth and that we make sure to Brush, Floss, and Rinse our teeth every day to prevent cavities and bacteria build up on our teeth!
- When you sneeze make sure to use a tissue so that germs don’t spread through the air!
- Cover your mouth when you cough to reduce the spread of germs. An easy way to cover your mouth is coughing on the inside of your arm instead of using your hands. This prevents germs spreading!