Physical wellness is all about taking care of your physical body by fueling and moving every day. Visiting the doctor when we are sick, getting enough sleep and playing safely are all important parts of physical wellness too. Any action that focuses on the health of our physical body is physical wellness.
Take the Physical Wellness Challenge to improve your fitness by building and conquering your own obstacle course!
Here’s How You Do It:
- Choose 5 obstacles you want to build. Use some of our ideas or create your own!
- Gather your materials and build your obstacle course.
- Take the challenge and run your obstacle course!
- For extra fun time yourself and your family and friends to see who can finish the quickest! You can also compete against yourself and try to beat your own time! Print time recording sheets, here.
- Snap a picture and have a grown-up submit it to be featured on KidsFit social media!
- “Lasers” made from streamers or yarn.
- Make your own hurdles.
- Make your own balance beam.
- Create a jumping course.
- Make a tunnel.
- Use cones to run a pattern.
- Throw balls into a bucket.
- Create an obstacle to crawl or roll under.
Chalk Obstacle Ideas
- Tightrope to balance on.
- Ladder to jump or bear crawl through.
- Circle or spiral to spin on
- Triangles to jump from
- Squiggly line
- River to jump across
- Hopscotch path
- Join in on the fun with your kids!
- Encourage your child to do their best! Some of the obstacles may be harder for one person than another; remind your child that as long as they are trying their best they are doing awesome!
- Use this as an opportunity to teach GROWTH. Time your child their first time through and help them work towards improving their own time!