Social wellness is all about developing healthy relationships with those around you! Interacting and connecting to others is an important part of overall wellness. Building strong support systems with family and friends is a great way to practice social wellness.
Take the At Home Restaurant Challenge to build communication skills and relationships at home. Meal time is a great opportunity to connect with one another and build strong relationships!
Here’s How You Do It:
- Plan your menu and draw a picture of your meal.
- Invite your friends or family to your restaurant for dinner.
- Prepare your meal with adult supervision.
- Set the table.
- Serve your meal.
- Eat together, build connections and make memories!
- Help encourage your kids to develop strong relationships by making other’s feel good! Discuss this when menu planning. Maybe each course could be a favorite of a different family member!
- Try a device free meal time to really encourage conversation and build connections at the dinner table!
- Visit Hy-VeeKidsFit.com and print our Meal Time conversation starters to promote connecting at meal time.