Balance is a really important skill when it comes to sports. When we have to move our bodies in a lot of different ways and in a lot of different positions, it’s important that we stay balanced to avoid falls and injuries.
There are two different types of balance: static balance and dynamic balance.
Static balance is being able to maintain good athletic posture within the frame of our body. Think of it as balancing in place.
Dynamic balance is being able to maintain good athletic posture outside the frame of our body. Think of this as staying balanced while moving.
This training session is going to help you practice both types of balance, and have fun doing it. Follow along!
All You Need:
- Cones, tape, chalk, or any material to mark off a grid
For the cone drill:
- Set 5 cones up
- A row of 2, a row of 1 and a row of 2
- Each cone should be about 3 feet away from each other
Here's How You Do It:
- Set up your cones
- Follow along with the video
- Try your best and have fun!