Coloring is a quick and easy activity to pull together for a snow day, rainy summer afternoon, or an activity to leave for the babysitter. But, did you know coloring also provide health and wellness benefits for kids? It’s true, read the list below to learn more!
- Helps in developing fine motor skills- Holding and precisely moving a coloring utensil can help muscles in the fingers, hands and wrists develop. This can lead to better handwriting and the ability to manipulate small objects like a surgeon!
- Improves hand to eye coordination- Choosing colors and placement helps promote the brain-body connection needed for hand-eye coordination.
- Promotes creativity and self-expression- No two pictures will ever be exactly alike which makes coloring perfect to help tap into the creative side of the brain.
- Improves self-esteem- Children can learn to color at a very young age and the act of completing a task on their own has been show to boost self-esteem.
- Relieves stress and built-up emotions- Coloring can be calming for both kids and adults! It has even been used to help children express their emotions in therapy.
BONUS: Most kids love to color! Coloring allows kids to have fun and develop healthy habits at the same time!
Are all of the coloring books full in your home? Don’t worry, we have you covered! Print the coloring sheets below to keep the benefits of coloring flowing in your family.
- Mindfulness Matters Coloring Pages
- Hy-Vee KidsFit Coloring Pages
- KidsFit Fleet Coloring Pages
- Halloween Coloring Pages
- Thanksgiving Coloring Pages
- Winter Coloring Pages
- Indy Car Coloring Page