Last modified June 1, 2023
- BINDING CONTRACTUAL TERMS
- INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES
Content on the Service is for informational purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for the advice provided by your own physician or health care provider and may not take your individual health situation into account. You should not use the information on the Service as a means of diagnosing a health problem or disease, or as a means of determining treatment. The Service does not provide medical services or medical advice. In the event of a medical emergency, call 911 and/or immediately contact a doctor.
- Links to and From the service
The Service may contain links to third party websites and online services (such as apps and social media sites) that are not owned or controlled by Hy-Vee. Hy-Vee has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party websites or online services, and You access and use these websites or online services solely at Your own risk. These links are provided for Your reference and convenience only, and do not necessarily imply any endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation of the material on these third-party websites or online services or any association with their operators.In addition, Hy-Vee will not and cannot control or edit the content of any third-party website or online service.BY USING THE SERVICE, YOU EXPRESSLY RELEASE HY-VEE, ITS AFFILIATES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SHAREHOLDERS, LICENSORS, LICENSEES, AND SUPPLIERS (COLLECTIVELY “THE HY-VEE PARTIES”), APPLE, AND GOOGLE FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF ANY THIRD-PARTY WEBSITE OR ONLINE SERVICE AND FROM ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY SORT YOU MAY INCUR FROM DEALING WITH ANY THIRD PARTY. Accordingly, we encourage You to be aware when You leave the Service and to read the terms and conditions of use for each other website or online service that You visit.
Except as You have otherwise agreed with Hy-Vee in writing, You may link to the Websitefrom Your website, subject to the following:(1) You may not frame the Website or any portion of the Website; (2) You will not override or hinder the functionality of an end-user’s Web browser’s “back” function; (3) the link must be identified using a plain text rendering of the Hy-Vee or KidsFit name and not any Hy-Vee or KidsFit logo; (4) You may not use any Hy-Vee or KidsFit logo in any way; (5) You may not use the link in any way that suggests that Hy-Vee is associated with or endorses You or Your website; (6) the link may not appear on any website that a reasonable person may consider obscene, defamatory, harassing, offensive or malicious, and may not be presented in any way that disparages Hy-Vee or damages its rights, reputation, or goodwill; and (7) We may terminate Your right to link to the Website at any time for any reason or no reason.
- Restrictions on Use of the Service
In Your use of the Service, You will not:
- use the Service for any purpose other than for using the features we intentionally make available to You;
- transmit or submit any information that Hy-Vee, in its sole discretion, determines is confidential (including social security or alternate national identity numbers, sensitive personal information, non-public phone numbers or non-public email addresses), false, misleading, unlawful, infringing, threatening, abusive, harassing, libelous, defamatory, discriminatory, obscene, offensive, inflammatory, scandalous, pornographic or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate the law;
- use the Service if You are under the age of 13 and have not received proper consent from Your parent or legal guardian to use the Service;
- copy, download or distribute any part of the Service in any form or medium without the prior written authorization of Hy-Vee;
- alter, modify or make derivative works from any part of the Service without the prior written authorization of Hy-Vee;
- provide false personal information (including Your birth date) or create an account for anyone other than Yourself (or Your child, in the case of a parent or legal guardian granting consent for the child to use the Website) without permission;
- create another account without our permission, if we have disabled Your account;
- share Your password, let anyone else access Your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of Your account;
- assign or transfer Your account or login information to anyone;
- use web crawlers, web robots, web scutters, ants, automatic indexers, bots, worms, and other such devices in connection with the Service; provided, however, that general purpose Internet search engines and non-commercial public archives that use tools to gather information for the sole purpose of displaying hyperlinks to the Service are granted a limited exception from the foregoing exclusion, provided that they do so from a stable IP address or range of IP addresses using an easily-identifiable agent;
- use the Service in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Service or interfere with any other party’s use of the Service;
- obtain or attempt to obtain any content through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the Service;
- facilitate gambling, gaming, raffles, lotteries, sweepstakes, and/or any other activity featuring the award of a prize;
- impersonate or misrepresent any person or entity or Your affiliation with someone else;
- collect personally-identifiable information of other users;
- harvest information about users for the purpose of sending, or to facilitate or encourage the sending of, unsolicited bulk or other communications;
- remove, modify, disable, block, obscure or otherwise impair any advertising in connection with the Service;
- solicit other users to join, become members of, or contribute money to any online service or other organization;
- post or transmit any worms, viruses, Trojans, or other harmful, disruptive, or destructive files, code, or programs to the Service;
- stalk, bully, or otherwise harass any person or entity; or
- harm minors in any way.
Hy-Vee believes in children’s online safety and does not wish to receive information regarding children under 13 years old without the prior consent of a parent or legal guardian.If You are under 13 years of age, then please do not attempt to use the Service until Your parent or legal guardian has completed the parental consent process.
- USER SUBMISSIONS
The Service may permit the submission of material, information, comments, feedback, notes, messages, ideas, concepts, know-how, techniques, or other communications submitted by You and other users (“User Submissions”). You understand that whether or not such User Submissions are published or posted, Hy-Vee (1) does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any User Submissions, (2) does not pay any compensation for User Submissions, and (3) is under no obligation to respond to or post any User Submissions.
You shall be solely responsible for Your own User Submissions and the consequences of sharing them. By submitting User Submissions to Hy-Vee, You hereby grant Hy-Vee and its successors, assigns, and affiliates a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, sublicenseable (through multiple tiers) and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, publish, broadcast, perform, make, use, import, offer to sell, sell, and otherwise transfer and exploit all copyrights, inventions, and other intellectual property rights in the User Submissions in connection with the Service and Hy-Vee’s (and its successors’, assigns’, and affiliates’) business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Service (and derivative works thereof) in any form and media formats and through any media channels.
In connection with User Submissions, You represent and warrant that You will not transmit, submit, or post material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless You are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to transmit, submit or post the material and to grant Hy-Vee all of the license rights granted herein. In addition, You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and other payments owed to any party by reason of Your transmitting, submitting, or posting User Submissions.Hy-Vee does not endorse any User Submission or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and Hy-Vee expressly disclaimS any and all liability in connection with User Submissions.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
Everything You see, hear, or otherwise experience on the Service, including but not limited to the graphics, videos, text, software, photographs, scripts, software screens, design elements, artwork, templates, layout designs, interactive features and the like, the concepts and ideas underlying the Service, and all statistical, analytical, and other data captured by or through the Service (collectively, “Content”) and the trademarks, service marks and logos contained therein (“Marks”), are owned by or licensed to Hy-Vee, subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under United States and foreign laws and international conventions.Hy-Vee owns the copyright in the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of the Content.Any unauthorized use of any materials on the Service may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws.HY-VEE and KIDSFITare trademarks of Hy-Vee.
For Your personal use, You may view, copy, and print pages from the Service.Otherwise, the Service may not be copied, downloaded, modified, reproduced, distributed, published, performed, streamed, transmitted, broadcasted, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any other purposes whatsoever without the prior written consent of the respective owners. Hy-Vee reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the Service and the Content. You agree not to use, copy, download, or distribute any of the Content other than as expressly permitted herein. You may not incorporate the Content into, or stream or transmit the Content via any hardware or software application or make it available via frames or in-line links unless expressly permitted by Hy-Vee in writing.You may not create, recreate, advertise or distribute an index of a significant portion of the Content unless authorized in writing by Hy-Vee.You may not build a business using the Content, whether or not for profit.If You copy or print pages of the Content for personal use, You must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained therein. You agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Service or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on use of the Service or the Content therein, nor may You scrape or use any extraction methods to obtain any Content or data from the Service.
Hy-Vee takes no responsibility for advertisements or any third party material posted on or transmitted through the Service, nor does it take any responsibility for the products or services provided by other service providers with profiles or other Content on the Service (“Advertisers”).Any dealings You have with Advertisers found while using the Service are between You and the Advertiser, and You agree that Hy-Vee is not liable for any loss or claim that You may have against an Advertiser.
YOU AGREE THAT YOU BEAR ALL RISK AND YOU AGREE TO RELEASE THE HY-VEE PARTIES, APPLE, AND GOOGLE FROM ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, AND DAMAGES (ACTUAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL) OF EVERY KIND AND NATURE, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, SUSPECTED AND UNSUSPECTED, DISCLOSED AND UNDISCLOSED, NOW AND IN THE FUTURE, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE AND YOUR TRANSACTIONS WITH ADVERTISERS OR OTHER THIRD PARTIES. YOU FURTHER WAIVE ANY AND ALL RIGHTS AND BENEFITS OTHERWISE CONFERRED BY ANY STATUTORY OR NON-STATUTORY LAW OF ANY JURISDICTION THAT WOULD PURPORT TO LIMIT THE SCOPE OF A RELEASE OR WAIVER. YOU WAIVE AND RELINQUISH ALL RIGHTS AND BENEFITS WHICH YOU HAVE OR MAY HAVE UNDER SECTION 1542 OF THE CIVIL CODE OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA OR ANY SIMILAR PROVISION OF THE STATUTORY OR NON-STATUTORY LAW OF ANY OTHER JURISDICTION (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE STATES OF MISSOURI, DELAWARE AND PENNSYLVANIA) TO THE FULL EXTENT THAT YOU MAY LAWFULLY WAIVE ALL SUCH RIGHTS AND BENEFITS.
You warrant and represent to Hy-Vee as set out below:
- The information provided to Hy-Vee in any registration screen, profile, email, telephone call or through other means including all personal details, contact details and all other data provided to Hy-Vee, is true in all respects, up-to-date and not misleading in any way.
- You will keep the information referred to in paragraph (a) up to date.
- You will not access the Service under false identity or pretext and will not use it to falsify Your or any other person's identity.
- You will comply with all applicable laws and regulations in Your use of the Service.
- You will keep Your log-in details and password secure and will not share such information with third parties.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
THE HY-VEE PARTIES, APPLE, AND GOOGLE WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY DAMAGE, LIABILITY OR LOSS THAT YOU MAY INCUR, OR FOR ANY OTHER UNDESIRABLE CONSEQUENCES, RESULTING FROM: (1) ANY SUSPENSION OR DISRUPTION OF THE SERVICE, INCLUDING WHERE SUCH SUSPENSION OR DISRUPTION RESULTS FROM THE HY-VEE PARTIES’, APPLE’S, OR GOOGLE’S NEGLIGENCE, (2) ANY ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (3) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM OR RELATED TO YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICE, (4) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF HY-VEE’S SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (5) INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SERVICE; (6) INADEQUATE OR FAULTY HARDWARE OPERATING THE SERVICE; (7) BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE SERVICE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, (8) THIRD PARTY WEBSITES OR APPS; (9) ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT; OR (10) ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT HY-VEE IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY WILL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
BY ACCESSING THE SERVICE, YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU MAY BE WAIVING RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO CLAIMS THAT ARE AT THIS TIME UNKNOWN OR UNSUSPECTED, AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH SUCH WAIVER, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND, AND HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVE, THE BENEFITS OF SECTION 1542 OF THE CIVIL CODE OF CALIFORNIA, AND ANY SIMILAR LAW OF ANY STATE OR TERRITORY, WHICH PROVIDES AS FOLLOWS: "A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR."
Any claims relating to use of the Service must be bought within one (1) year from the date the cause of action arose. Claims brought after such period are VOID.The Service is controlled and offered by Hy-Vee from its facilities in the United States of America.Those who access or use the Service do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with local and all other applicable laws, restrictions, and regulations.
- EQUITABLE RELIEF
- subpoena fees
If Hy-Vee has to provide information in response to a subpoena related to Your account, then we may charge You for our costs. These fees may include attorney and employee time spent retrieving the records, preparing documents, and participating in a deposition.
- Class action waIver
ANY DISPUTE RESOLUTION PROCEEDINGS WILL BE CONDUCTED ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT IN A CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR AS A NAMED OR UNNAMED MEMBER IN A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED, REPRESENTATIVE OR PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL LEGAL ACTION.YOUR ACCESS TO AND CONTINUED USE OF THE SERVICE SIGNIFIES YOUR EXPLICIT CONSENT TO THIS WAIVER.
- EXPORT CONTROL
Software and the transmission of applicable technical data, if any, in connection with the Service may be subject to export controls.You agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding software and the transmission of technical data exported from the United States and the country in which You reside.
APPLE REQUIRED TERMS
- Scope of License: The license granted to You for the Service is limited to a non-transferable license to use the Service on any Apple-branded products that You own or control and as permitted by the Usage Rules set forth in the App Store Terms of Service, except that the Service may be accessed, acquired, and used by other accounts associated with You via Family Sharing or volume purchasing.
- Warranty: As between Apple and Hy-Vee, Hy-Vee is solely responsible for any product warranties, whether express or implied by law, to the extent not effectively disclaimed. In the event of any failure of the Service to conform to any applicable warranty, You may notify Apple, and Apple will refund the purchase price for the relevant App to You. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the Service, and any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty will be Hy-Vee’s sole responsibility.
- Product Claims: Hy-Vee and You acknowledge that Hy-Vee, not Apple, is responsible for addressing any claims by You or any third party relating to the Service or Your possession and/or use of that Service, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the Service fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
- Intellectual Property Rights: Hy-Vee and You acknowledge that, in the event of any third party claim that the Service or Your possession and use of the Service infringes that third party’s intellectual property rights, to the extent a warranty of non-infringement is not validly disclaimed, Hy-Vee, not Apple, will be solely responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim.
- Legal Compliance: You represent and warrant that (i) You are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (ii) You are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
- Developer Name and Address: Hy-Vee may be contacted at [phone number] or [email address] in connection with any questions, complaints or claims with respect to the Service.
- Third Party Terms of Agreement:You must comply with third party terms of agreement when using the Service.
Additional Terms Relevant to Google Inc.
(b) The Google Play marketplace is owned and operated by Google Inc. Your use of Google Play is governed by a legal agreement between you and Google consisting of the Google Terms of Service (found at http://www.google.com/accounts/TOS) and the Google Play Terms of Service (found at https://play.google.com/intl/en-US_us/about/play-terms.html and together with the Google Terms of Service called the “Terms”). The Google Play Terms of Service and Google Terms of Service shall take precedence in that order in the event of a conflict between them, to the extent of such conflict.
(c) HY-VEE is solely responsible for providing, and Google has no obligation to provide, maintenance and support for the KIDSFIT Mobile APPLICATION. Support requests, as well as questions, complaints or claims regarding the KIDSFIT Mobile APPLICATION, may be directed to HY-VEE support, [include address if possible]. Users may also contact us by email at [email address].
(d) To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Google will have no warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the KIDSFIT Mobile APPLICATION, and will not be liable for any claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty.
(e) Google shall not be responsible for addressing any claims by you or any third party relating to the KIDSFIT Mobile APPLICATION or your possession and/or use of the KIDSFIT Mobile APPLICATION, including but not limited to (i) product liability claims, (ii) any claim that the KIDSFIT Mobile APPLICATION failS to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement, or (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
(f) Google shall not be responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement or discharge of any claim that the KIDSFIT Mobile APPLICATION or your possession and use thereof infringes a third party’s intellectual property rights.
(g) You represent and warrant that (i) the sERVICE(S) will not be downloaded or used in, or transported to, a country that is subject to a United States Government embargo or has been designated by the United States Government as a “terrorist-supporting” country, and (ii) you are not listed on any United States Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
(I) Removal of HY-VEE Mobile APPLICATION. HY-VEE or Google Inc. may, at any time and without notice, restrict, interrupt or prevent use of the KIDSFIT Mobile APPLICATION, or delete the KIDSFIT Mobile APPLICATION from your Supported Device, without entitling you to any refund, credit or other compensation from HY-VEE or any third party (including, but not limited to, Google Inc. or your network connectivity provider).
Additional Terms Relevant to YOUTUBE.
We use YouTube API Services. We host videos on YouTube that are embedded in the Website. These are hosted on our YouTube channel, viewable at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGJ0GtyiYAOWqMpAfmlQr-A. By accessing these videos, you are agreeing to be bound by the YouTube Terms of Service available at: https://www.youtube.com/t/terms