Goals are things we try to achieve over time. They can be short-term or long-term, and they are a great way to promote career wellness.
Setting goals is important because they help us to stay on track and focused on learning new things. Challenging ourselves to learn a new skill by setting a goal is a great way to practice career wellness as well.
Learn how to set a goal to learn a new skill!
1. Make it S.M.A.R.T
- What skill do you want to learn and why?
- How can you measure learning your skill?
- Make your skill something you can achieve; it should challenge you but shouldn’t be impossible
- Make the skill within your reach, how does it relate to you?
- Create a timeline to achieve your goal, what date do you want to know your new skill by?
2. Create a plan to achieve it.
You can use the KidsFit Goal-A-Thon worksheet to help because change takes time and hard work! If we take each goal day by day and step by step, change won’t seem as hard.
Here’s How You Do It:
- Set a goal for the month.
- Color in a triangle each time you do something that helps you get closer to reaching your goal.
- Look back at end of the month to see just how far you've come.
- Do one thing, big or small, every day until you have made the change you set a goal for!